Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So what is social innovation after all?

When coming back from this amazing trip, our heads and hearts were full of impressions. Time to bring it all out! Together with the team that went to Thailand we went through a reflection process and shared our views on what social innovation really means.
If you are waiting for the great revelation right here, I must disappoint you. No new magical ways to save the world or to aquire ever lasting happiness. Basically, what it comes down to, is just living an ethical and joyful life.
Just this...nothing more, nothing less.
Now I could go on rambling about personal leadership, responsibility, how do you achieve this whole thing?, values, being honest blablabla. For once, I don´t want to. I want to go and sit outside, enjoy the last rays of sun on my balcony, listen to the birds and practice one thing this trip taught me well: know what you want, and stand up for it.

No comments: