Thursday, March 13, 2008

Our learnings so far_Ursel: Filming



Today we watched the footage together with Floris (who arrived yesterday) and he had a lot of comments. We need to improve on our shots, the way we interview and how the people are in the picture, the sound quality, the setup of the scene. When interviewing you should set up the environment, so that you get good footage. So many things to focus on before you even come to the content of what people are acutally saying.
Clear roles help a lot: who is directing when going out in teams of 3-4 people, the cameraman? The interviewer? The cameraman makes sure the sound and image quality are good, the interviewer briefs the interviewee so that he/she does not look at the other persons, but focusses on the interviewer. 1000 little things like that.

2 comments:

Today: In Seven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Superskaffer said...

Hey Team EURO, I finally have the time to sit down and read through your blog. I must say that I am really impressed of the the things that you are doing on your trip. For me it has been a journey into a surreal world. Just three years ago this place was not existing, and we all know why. Today it is a hotel that is built in respect for what has happened and they have really tried to rebuild everything from material that was wasted during the tsunamis. After have been watching the whole process more or less through a lens I still fill in some way a little strange and really not that much part of the group performing during the workshop. I could just see how people where struggling with each other and really digging in deep to find the needed energy for realizing a workshop like that. But the most powerful moment happened when I was in the group reflection afterwards. I started off by really being negative about the process and the way it had turned out. But I moved away from this and turned my inner focus on really accepting that there was and still is something laying underneath. I want to take the risks and really go for my own ambition of making this team thing work. I need the feeling of support and it is just so much stronger when it is people you share the same passion with. I will keep you posted about how the different things are going. (The only reason why there is no short films on our blog is because I miss a transferring cable for the camera. But I will try to make it happen when I come to a hardware store). Take care enjoy the trip, keep the spirit high and I believe that we together will have a very solid product with a huge content that I feel will have a interest for a lot of people.

With love and profound greetings to all of you

Morten